Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Other Services / Passports

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records


Fee Changes

  • Effective May 1, the price of passport photos will increase to $12.
  • Effective April 2, the U.S. Department of State increased the passport execution fee from $25 to $35. See passport fees

Apply for a passport at the following Clerk & Comptroller branch locations.* No appointment is necessary.

Check wait times at each branch for civil court services, such as passports and marriage licenses. 

Passport photos are also available.

Passports are issued by the U.S. Department of State

*Passport applications are not accepted at the Main Courthouse nor the Governmental Center.

Passport Card

Customers have the option of applying for a passport book, a passport card or both. The passport card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. The passport card will provide a less expensive, smaller and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.

For more information about the difference between the passport book and passport card, please see "Travel Documents for U.S. Citizens" from the Department of State.

New Applicants

You must apply in person and complete the Passport Application Form DS-11 if any of the following are true:

  • You have never had a U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent passport was lost or stolen

Please bring with you the following required documentation:

Proof of Citizenship (Provide one of the following)

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate (must have the names of both parents on it)
  • Certificate of Naturalization

Proof of Identity (Provide one of the following)

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Valid Driver's License (A temporary license does not meet this requirement.)
  • State Identification Card (Photographic likeness should be recent.)
  • Certificate of Naturalization

Note: If you cannot prove your identity as outlined above, you must bring:

  • An Identifying Witness (a relative or someone who has a valid Driver's License) who has known you for at least two years.
  • This witness will be required to sign an "Affidavit of Identifying Witness" form.

One Passport Photograph
(See back of application for specific requirements)
Photo may be purchased at the Clerk's office for $11.00 (price does not include sales tax).

  • Recent photo (Likeness of Applicant)
  • Front view/full face
  • 2-inch by 2-inch in size
  • Photo must be in color

Passport Renewal (By Mail)

Renew Your Passport by Mail (PDF)

All Passport renewals require the completion of Form DS-82. You must renew your passport by mail if:

  • You hold a passport and it is not more than 5 years past the date of expiration and not more than 15 years since being issued.
  • You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued.


  • Complete, sign and mail Form DS-82.  
  • Include your most recent passport with two new passport photos. 
    • If the name you are using differs from the name on your most recent passport, you must
      • Submit a certified copy of the marriage certificate or
      • Certified copy of Court order showing the change.
  • If your passport is mutilated or damaged, you must
    • Use the DS-11 application form and
    • Apply in person at one of the acceptance agencies with a certified copy of your birth certificate (must have the names of both parents on it).

Passport Reapplication

If your most recent passport was issued less than 1 year ago, use DS-5504 form for the following:

  • Change of name
  • Correction of descriptive date
  • Extend the validity of a Limited Passport 


Note: There is no fee if your passport was issued less than 1 year ago, unless you request expedited processing.

If your most recent passport was issued more than 1 year ago AND you have the passport, use Form DS-82.


  • Complete, sign and mail your application to the address listed on the back of the DS-82 form.
  • Include the appropriate payment/fee.

If your most recent passport was issued more than 1 year ago AND you do not have the passport, use DS-11 form.


  • Complete the DS-11 form
  • Bring it to an acceptance agency for processing.

Applications for Minors

Children under age 16 (For new and renewal passports)


Minors must be present when applying.

You must complete the New Applicant DS-11 form and include:

  • Proof of Citizenship
    • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state (must have the names of both parents on it)
    • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Proof of Identity
    • Previous U.S. Passport
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    • Government issued identification card

Both parents must appear together to sign the application DS-11 form, or one parent must be present to sign the application, and the absent parent MUST submit a completed and notarized "Statement of Consent" Form DS-3053 AND a photocopy (front and back) of their ID. The notarized consent form cannot be more than three months old.

For more information on obtaining passports for minors, see the Department of State website.


See Service Charges & Fees

How Long Passports Are Valid

Adults (16 years of age and older) - Ten (10) years
Children (15 years and younger) - Five (5) years

Passport Processing - Time Requirements

Please consult http://www.travel.state.gov for the most up-to-date processing times.

Expedited processing: 2-3 weeks
Regular processing: 6 weeks

To check the status of your Passport Application:

  • Call 1-877-487-2778 from 6:00a.m. - Midnight EST, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays), or 
  • Check online at http://www.travel.state.gov

Customers Traveling Within Four Weeks

  • If you are traveling within 14 calendar days, you must make an appointment at the nearest Passport Agency by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
  • If you are traveling within 2-3 weeks, you must request and pay for expedited service plus two-way overnight delivery service. For current expedited service fees, see Passport Fees & Costs.
  • If you are traveling within 3-4 weeks, the Department of State strongly recommends that you request and pay for Expedited Service. For current expedited service fees, see Passport Fees & Costs.